Blue Creek offers personalized services in Acupuncture, Massage and Skin Care.
Each practitioner utilizes specialized techniques to meet your distinct needs.
Call 303.573.7484 to schedule an appointment today!
Founder, National Board Certified Acupuncturist & CO Certified Esthetician
There have been several key moments in my life that have shaped me into the professional I am today!
Growing up in a military family, studying in China, and struggling with acne throughout the years.
In April 2005, I studied in China at the Wan Zhou college of Traditional Chinese Medicine for a month long intensive program. The college has been recognized by the regional and central government as a leading institution in TCM education and research. I learned many advanced techniques for the treatment of musculoskelatal problems and internal diseases. The experience showed me how important integrative medicine is to achieve a well balanced health care plan. While studying I was also introduced to community healing as a standard practice for affordable healthcare. I saw the substantial benefit from community healing and was inspired to introduce this into my clinical practice.
As a teenager, and also when I was pregnant, I struggled with hormonal acne. I have seen the wonders of Chinese medicine and Skin Care first hand, which has inspired me to share these with others.
As I live, learn, and grow through my own life experiences, my goal is to better enhance my treatments and practical skills for my patients!
Many people ask me, “what kind of practitioner are you? What do you mainly treat?” I feel that over the past 10 years, I have grown into a “family health practitioner.” I treat infants, kids, adults to the elderly suffering from a wide variety of ailments. Specializing in pain, acupuncture injection therapy, allergies, fertility, cosmetic facial acupuncture, and pulse diagnosis in clinical practice.
Many people do not try acupuncture out of fear. Fear of needles, pain, and the unknown. Some practitioners advertise acupuncture as “painless.” While I have a gentle touch and needling technique, I emphasizes to each patient that acupuncture is full of “sensations.” As the histamine reaction begins and the body balances, it is normal to feel a myriad of sensations such as: heavy, deep, aching, warmth, cold, and more. If the sensations are ever too intense, the needles can easily be adjusted for the patient’s comfort level.
I provide quality health care with sincerity and compassion for each patient. By creating a treatment plan that addresses each individuals needs and including various modalities of Chinese Medicine. My treatments not only target the symptom, but also the root of illness, and thus restore balance of the mind and body.
I pride myself on educating patients on the importance of preventive health care and wellness treatments!
• Masters of Oriental Medicine Degree, Santa Barbara College of Oriental Medicine, Santa Barbara, CA, 2002-2005
• Bachelor’s of Communication Degree, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1997-2001
• NCCAOM Diplomat in Acupuncture #028094
• Colorado Acupuncture License # ACU-1170
• Colorado Esthetician License # 612457
• Certified in Allergy Elimination Made Easy, Denver, CO
• Certified in Applied Kinesiology for Acupuncturists, Denver, CO
• Certified in Basic NAET, Buena Park, CA
• Certified in Introduction to Injection Therapy, Longmont, CO
• Certified in Advanced Constitutional Facial Acupuncture Renewal, Santa Barbara, CA
• Practical Training in Pulse Diagnosis, Denver, CO
• Pulse Diagnosis and Fertility: Restoring Balance to Aid Conception, Denver, CO
• Certified in Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture, Denver, CO
• Certified in USUI Reiki Level 1, Santa Barbara, CA
• Certified in Microdermabrasion, Arvada, CO
• Certified in Chemical Resurfacing, Arvada, CO
• Certified in Modalities (Micro-current, Ultra Sonic Microdermabrasion, LED Light Therapy), Arvada, CO.
National Board Certified Acupuncturist
I became interested in practicing acupuncture by studying the mind-body connection and meditation at Naropa University
After receiving my Master’s degree at Naropa, I continued on to study acupuncture and herbal medicine at Southwest Acupuncture College. There, I learned how to treat a variety of illnesses and health conditions. I have had the privilege to treat all different types of people from Division 1 athletes, to pediatric patients, to geriatric patients and everyone in between! I enjoy helping people to feel better and have a strong passion to aid in healing through acupuncture.
I specialize in pain management, insomnia, anxiety, digestive conditions and hormonal conditions. However, I have had the opportunity to treat a wider variety of health conditions through the community clinic atmosphere. I use a light insertion of needles into acupuncture points on the body to provide a relaxing treatment that is also effective. I have also been trained in sports medicine needling and can treat trigger points and motor points located on the muscle to help relieve pain. In addition, I am trained in cupping and can also supplement your acupuncture treatment with cupping for more pain relief. After a treatment, I may offer advice to the patient about self care that can be used to help their healing continue at home.
When not treating patients, I like to go hiking in the mountains and bird watch with my husband. I enjoy taking part in the beautiful nature and outdoor activities that Colorado has to offer.
• Master of Science in Oriental Medicine, Southwest Acupuncture College, 2012-2016
• Master of Contemplative Religions, Naropa University, 2010-2012
• Bachelor of Art in Philosophy and Religion, Flagler College, 2004-2008
• Certified Kripalu Yoga Instructor, 2009
• Colorado Acupuncture License, #ACU-2238
• NCCAOM Diplomate in Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine, #164175
Founder, Licensed Massage Therapist
Over the last 25 years, I have gotten to paddle down winding rivers, swing from treetops, traverse breathtaking ridge lines as well as teach in classrooms and run businesses.
I’ve gotten to support people, as groups and individuals, on their journeys of healing, mind, body and spirit. My role as a massage therapist is a continuation of that work, as clients share their authentic selves, joys and sorrows, and we work together to ease their aches and expand their well-being.
On a river or a mountain, in a private treatment room or co-managing BC, in some ways, it all feels the same at the core. It is a profound privilege and inspiration to witness and support people through life’s challenges and triumphs.
I believe the most effective massage therapy is a collaboration between practitioner and client. With thorough consultations, we co-create each session to support your treatment goals. My specialties include a certification in neuromuscular therapy and advance training in biodynamic craniosacral therapy as well as integrating myofascial, lymph drainage, sports, muscle energy technique and pre/peri-natal massage. I combine the science and artistry of the practice to tailor each session to your needs.
• Bachelor’s of Psychology Degree, University of Denver, Denver, CO 1990 – 1994
• Master’s of Expressive Arts Therapy Degree, Lesley College, Cambridge, MA 1995 – 1997
• Challenge Course Facilitator 1992 – present. National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Whitehorse, Yukon 2000
• Certified in Massage Therapy, Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy, Colorado Springs, CO 1999 – 2000
• Certified in Neuromuscular Therapy, Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy, Colorado Springs, CO 2000
• Visceral Manipulation – Upledger Institute, Phoenix, AZ 2005
• Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy – Michael Shea, Phoenix, AZ 2005
• Advanced Training Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, Boulder, CO 2008 – 2009
• Colorado Massage Therapy License #4897
Licensed Massage Therapist
Stephanie is a Colorado native that graduated from the Boulder College of Massage in 2013 after 20 years as a legal contract manager for various technology companies.
Massage helped her learn how to manage stress, unwind from chronic postural issues, and increase her overall commitment to physical and mental health. Stephanie understands how easily we tend to silence the signals and signs our body provides until we are faced with illness, injury or chronic pain. She believes that by reconnecting with our body we can begin to: reduce pain, recover from injuries, address and confront traumas, both physical and emotional, stored in habitual holding and movement patterns.
Stephanie incorporates techniques from a variety of modalities in a flowing cohesive manner, thereby alleviating client fear and stress surrounding deeper treatment work. Her modalities include: neuromuscular therapy, orthopedic massage, sports, myofascial release, trigger point therapy, Phenomenal Touch, prenatal, hot stone and cupping. She has additional training in myofascial release in the style of physical therapist John Barnes, rib dysfunction and Phenomenal Touch (Phenomenal Touch integrates Thai Massage stretches, gentle movement and undulation of the spine). She genuinely enjoys opening people’s eyes to the benefits of regular massage and has a soft spot for elder/geriatric massage.
2013 Graduate of the Boulder College of Massage Therapy: 760 hours of core training including additional training in orthopedic and sports massage
2014 Myofascial Mobilization: 12 Contact Hours with physical therapist John Barnes, PT
2014 Soft Tissue Approaches to Rib Dysfunction :8 Contact Hours with Nate Cuddihy-Garner, Healing Spirits Massage Training
2015 Phenomenal Touch Massage Certification: 47 Contact Hours taught by Founder Leslie Bruder, The Institute for Phenomenal Touch
Licensed Massage Therapist
For me, life has been an adventure, for I have done many different things.
I’ve been a cook, martial artist, handyman, teacher, photographer, stocker, salesman, manager, and more, but I feel as though I’m still a student of life.
Although I’m formally trained in Swedish, Deep Tissue, and Neuromuscular Therapy, I find that I use Fascial Release and CranioSacral Therapy very often as well. I try to blend these different modalities into a homogenous, and easily acceptable treatment, that is unique to the individual.
• Certified Massage Therapist — Massage Therapy Institute of Colorado, April 2013
• CranioSacral level 1 Certification — August 2012
• Craniosacral level 2 Certification — August 2013
• Healing touch Level 1 Certification — Healing touch International, October 2012
• Master of Crystology “ Laying on of Stones “ — Melody Method, October 2012
• Reiki Master Attuned, December 2012
Licensed Massage Therapist
I attended Penn State as a pre-med major, but after witnessing the changes that HMO’s and PPO’s made to the Medical field, I decided to change my major to Exercise and Sports Science.
I graduated in 1994, and moved to Washington, DC where I managed Fitness Centers. It was there that I excelled at Membership Retention in that instead of cancelling a membership, I would rewrite each Exercise Prescription to accommodate each injury or medical condition. In 1996, I moved to Denver and worked in Physical Therapy before discovering the magic of Massage Therapy for my own physical ailments. I graduated from the Boulder College of Massage Therapy in 1998, and returned to Denver where I had my business out of the Colorado Athletic Clubs. In 2000, I moved to Summit County and set up my business out of the Silverthorne Recreation Center. I also worked part-time for 8 years with a Chiropractor in Breckenridge. After 15 years at the top of the incredible Rocky Mountains, I have recently returned to the Metro-Denver area to combine my 18 years of Medical and Athletic Massage Therapy experience with the other Massage styles, Acupuncture, and Skin Care that BlueCreek has to offer as a Therapeutic Health Spa.
• Deep Tissue
• Neuromuscular Therapy
• Myofascial Release
• Penn State University, 1994
• Reiki, Level 1, 1997
• Boulder College of Massage Therapy, 1998
• Colorado Massage Therapy License #5702
Licensed Massage Therapist
Shortly After receiving a history degree from the College of Saint Rose in Albany, New York in 2013,I realized that I was not cut out for a research desk job.
I just wanted to help people and soon came to the conclusion that Massage Therapy was where I could do so. I graduated from the Colorado School of Healing Arts in June 2016, and have never been happier with the decision to switch career paths and join the many healers in this profession.
Integrated styles of Swedish, deep tissue, neuromuscular/trigger point release, myofascial
• Bachelors in History from The College of Saint Rose in 2013
• 700 hour LMT training from The Colorado School of Healing Arts in 2016
Licensed Massage Therapist
After Graduating from Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design with a Bachelors Degree in Fine Art, I felt like something was still missing in my life.
I began practicing daily yoga and started looking at how to use the healing arts in my own life. This commitment to a healthy and more centered lifestyle was the missing piece for me in finding balance.
To further my endeavors within the healing arts, I started Massage Therapy school in May 2014, fell in love with the practice and graduated school in May of 2015. With my background in fine arts, exploring the creative mind of therapeutic massage, as well as my own personal dedication to health and well being, Massage Therapy was a perfect fit. I have found a way to express myself, while working with others to achieve balance and wellness through the art of healing.
Swedish, Deep Tissue, Neuromuscular/Trigger Point Therapy,charting out and implementing massage solutions in accordance to the client’s physical well being.
• Bachelor’s of Fine Art Degree Emphasis in Painting, Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design, Denver, CO, 2010
• Certificate of Massage Therapy, Massage Therapy Institute of Colorado, Denver, CO, 2015
Licensed Massage Therapist
I graduated from The Massage Therapy Institute of Colorado in May of 2010, when I also began working as a teacher’s assistant for Anatomy and Physiology.
I was given an opportunity to work at BlueCreek in June of 2010. I am currently taking on a teaching opportunity at MTIC and loving the challenge of teaching!
Swedish, Joint Range of Motion, Deep Tissue, Neuromuscular/Triggerpoint Therapy
• Architectural Engineering, Boulder, CO
• Studied Exercise science in Oregon. Studied Kinesiology in Texas
• Graduated from MTIC in May of 2010